September 17, 2012

Reception Venue: Booked!

During the initial stage of our wedding preps, I was already set to book North Greenhills Clubhouse as our reception venue. It was near Sanctuario de San Jose, which was our chosen church at that time, and it was within our budget. Best of all, it can easily fit in all our guests AND a live band. I was just waiting for its 2014 calendar to open in January so that I can book it for our wedding.

But unfortunately, I learned that North Greenhills now requires a sponsorship to rent the clubhouse. Since I don’t know anyone who lives in that subdivision, or even around that area, I had to let go of the clubhouse and search for other options for our venue.

I was already feeling a bit stressed about this issue because we couldn’t afford those big event halls such as Oasis and Light of Love. Meanwhile, most, if not all, of the other clubhouses in Pasig require sponsorships. Our last option was Acropolis Clubhouse, but I heard that the clubhouse could only accommodate 150 guests max, and if we added a live band, then it would be too crowded already. So it was back to the drawing board again.

Arbee of Kiss the Girl Events (who's also a good friend of mine) suggested Christ the King’s parish hall as an alternative. The parish hall was not part of our list of choices because I thought bands were not allowed there since the hall was right beside the church, but Arbee assured us that they do allow live bands. In fact, one of her clients will have their wedding at the parish hall and they also have a band. And with that, I decided to visit the place and see if it would fit our standards.

When I saw the hall, I couldn’t help but grin. IT WAS PERFECT. It was spacious; I think it could house around 250 to 300 guests. There's also a little nook at the back of the room where we can put the registration table, photobooth or whatever item that we want. The hall also has a large stage where our band can perform with ease. And best of all, it's right next to our church; our guests would only have to go down a few steps to reach our reception. Convenient huh?

Ang lawak diba? :)
The overhead lights

This is where Composed Band will play! Yey! :)
Iniimagine ko na yung setup namin dito. Excited much?
Taken from the back of the room
The rental fee costs P25,000 for four hours of use plus P10,000 security bond, which will be returned right after the wedding. A P5,000 downpayment is needed to block your date, and the balance must be paid three months befor the wedding. The hall is open for all caterers, so no need to pay any corkage fees, even for alcoholic drinks! There are additional charges though if we'd bring our own band—P500 per electrical outlet used. They also allow drapes and swags to be hanged, but the use of thumbtacks and scotch tape is prohibited.

Actually, we went a bit over our budget when we booked this reception hall, but I believe that the pros outweighed the cons here, so what's a few more thousand pesos to spend? Besides, this really seems to be the perfect alternative to my orignal choice of venue. I could not wait to see how my caterer would spruce this venue up for our wedding. Oh yeah, it's time to parteeeeey! :)


1 comment:

  1. I celebrated my happy day a few days ago. The reception venue I hired was much affordable as I booked earlier.
    reception venues in los angeles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...